Weekly News - March 14th, 2023
Please be sure to read all the way down for some important information!
- Souderton Pizza and Pasta night on March 16. Be sure to mention EMC when ordering. Our school will receive 20% of the proceeds.
- Student progress reports for the 2nd trimester will be available to parents/guardians on the Home Access Center on March 20 at 7pm.
- Home and School meeting online on March 20 at 7pm. Zoom link to follow.
- EMC Fundraiser for 4th Grade at McDonald’s on March 21 from 5-7pm! Mention EMC 4th grade when ordering at the McDonald’s in Souderton and they will receive 10% of the proceeds to help with the cost of their field trip in April. Come say hello to the 4th grade teachers and Mrs. Ferlick behind the counter! See the McDonald's Fundraiser flyer.
- Harlem Wizards Event on March 24 at the high school in the main gym! Doors open at 6pm; the game starts at 7pm. Go to www.harlemwizards.com to purchase your tickets now!
- Youth Art Month Exhibit at Indian Valley Public Library runs until March 29. Be sure to visit Indian Valley Public Library any day this month to check out hundreds of artworks from students throughout Souderton Area School District, including over 50 works of art from students here at EMC. www.ivpl.org
- 100 Box Challenge- Bean Bag is collecting boxes of food beginning now until the end of March to support the Bean Bag Program. There are certain items that are needed. Please see attached. Students can bring in items and put them in our collection box in the APR lobby. See the Bean Bag flyer.
- Keystone Food Drive: April 17-23. See the KOC food drive flyer.
- Summer Camps: Registration is now open! See the Summer Adventure Brochure 2023.
- Montgomery County Intermediate Unit offering free, full-day preschool programs. Please see MCIU Head Start Pre-K flyer to see if you qualify and for more information.
- Strengthening Families Program- Check out the attached flyers to learn more about the Family Program offered on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings. This online Zoom program is offered for the entire family and includes dinner! See the program flyers: Strengthening Families Program - Tuesdays - Strengthening Families Program - Wednesdays.
- Please read some important bus rules from TSI (Transportation Services)!
- Attendance- Please call the attendance line to report your child’s absence: 215-723-5949, option 3. An excuse note or email is required by law within 3 days of your child’s return to school. Automated calls regarding an absence will still be made to parents/guardians until a note or email is received. Please email tardy/early dismissal notices before 12pm. Family trips need prior approval. Please email any attendance-related information or questions to AttendEMC@soudertonsd.org. Please see the Parent Handbook.