Weekly News - March 21st, 2023
Please be sure to read all the way down for some important information!
- Looking for ways to get school news? Want information about prior and upcoming events? Thinking about volunteering? You are in luck! Please read the newsletter, "EMC News and Happenings - March 2023, edition 4", from our principal, Tamara Ferlick. More to come!
- Student progress reports for the 2nd trimester are available to parents/guardians on the Home Access Center.
- EMC Fundraiser for 4th Grade at McDonald’s TONIGHT, March 21 from 5-7pm! Mention EMC 4th grade when ordering at the McDonald’s in Souderton and they will receive 10% of the proceeds to help with the cost of their field trip in April. Come say hello to the 4th grade teachers and Mrs. Ferlick behind the counter! See the McDonald's Fundraiser flyer.
- Harlem Wizards Event on Mar. 24 at the high school in the main gym! Doors open at 6pm; the game starts at 7pm. Tickets are sold out for this event. www.harlemwizards.com
- Parents as Partners event on Mar. 29 from 8:15-9:00am in the Library. Please join us for our mini workshop on supporting positive behavior. Flyers were sent home. Please return the bottom portion by March 24.
- Youth Art Month Exhibit at Indian Valley Public Library runs until March 29. Be sure to visit Indian Valley Public Library any day this month to check out hundreds of artworks from students throughout Souderton Area School District, including over 50 works of art from students here at EMC. www.ivpl.org
- 100 Box Challenge- Bean Bag is collecting boxes of food beginning now until the end of March to support the Bean Bag Program. There are certain items that are needed. Please see attached. Students can bring in items and put them in our collection box in the APR lobby. See the Bean Bag flyer.
- 2022-2023 School Yearbook Orders are due no later than April 7. Order forms were sent home. Checks made payable to “EMC Home and School.” Online orders can be done online at https://inter-state.com/YearbookEntry/75731J.
- The Vision Van is returning to EMC on Monday, April 17th. If you received a letter or email from the school nurse informing you that your child has not passed the school vision screening, then consider filling out the Salus Vision forms that were sent home. Students can be seen at school by an eye doctor from Salus University. There is no cost to you for this service. Reach out to Mrs. Aldredge at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need the forms or have any questions.
- Keystone Food Drive: April 17-23. See the KOC food drive flyer.
- Summer Camps: Registration is now open! See the Summer Adventure Brochure 2023.
- Montgomery County Intermediate Unit offering free, full-day preschool programs. Please see MCIU Head Start Pre-K flyer to see if you qualify and for more information.
- Strengthening Families Program- Check out the attached flyers to learn more about the Family Program offered on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings. This online Zoom program is offered for the entire family and includes dinner! See the program flyers: Strengthening Families Program - Tuesdays - Strengthening Families Program - Wednesdays.