Weekly News - March 28th, 2023
Please be sure to read all the way down for some important information!
- Morning Arrival: Parents, please remember that the area in front of our school is a “drop-off only” area. Please do not park in this area. If you would like to park, visit our office, or walk your child to the building, please park elsewhere (Garfield, Montgomery, or Lincoln Avenues). Please see the EMC Traffic Flow Map.
- Looking for ways to get school news? Want information about prior and upcoming events? Thinking about volunteering? You are in luck! Please read the newsletter, "EMC News and Happenings - March 2023, edition 5", from our principal, Tamara Ferlick. More to come!
- Parents and guardians who wish to provide us with information about their child’s learning needs for next school year are welcome to complete the attached form and return it to their child’s teacher no later than April 4, 2023. These completed forms will be given to your child’s new teacher in August so that your priorities can receive full consideration during the next school year. A paper copy of this form was sent home with your child yesterday. See the student placement letter.
- This week is the LAST Pretzel Week! Last chance to order fresh, delicious, soft pretzels. Money is due no later than Wednesday, March 29. Late orders will not be accepted. Cost is $1.00 per pretzel. Proceeds will help lessen the cost for the 4th grade field trip in April.
- There is a Student Council meeting on March 29 at 8am in the Art room.
- Parents as Partners event on March 29 from 8:15-9:00am in the Library. Please join us for our mini workshop on supporting positive behavior. Flyers were sent home. Please return the bottom portion by March 24.
- Youth Art Month Exhibit at Indian Valley Public Library runs until March 29. Be sure to visit Indian Valley Public Library any day this month to check out hundreds of artworks from students throughout Souderton Area School District, including over 50 works of art from students here at EMC. www.ivpl.org
- GRIT t-shirt orders are due by Thursday, March 30. Late orders will not be accepted. See the GRIT t-shirt order form.
- The LAST day to turn in Vision Van paperwork is Friday, March 31. The Vision Van is scheduled to be here on April 21st. Any questions, please contact our school nurse, Mrs. Aldredge, at email@example.com.
- Last chance for 100 Box Challenge! Bean Bag is collecting boxes of food items until the end of March to support the Bean Bag Program. There are certain items that are needed. Students can bring in items and put them in our collection box in the APR lobby. See the Bean Bag flyer.
- 2022-2023 School Yearbook paper orders are due no later than April 4. Order forms were sent home. Checks made payable to “EMC Home and School.” Online orders are due no later than April 7 and can be placed online at https://inter-state.com/YearbookEntry/75731J.
- There is no school from April 5-10 for Spring Holiday. Classes will resume on April 11.
- Pennsylvania’s School Bus Stopping Law: Please read an important message attached regarding bus traffic and keeping children safe. See Pennsylvania's School Bus Stopping Law.
- Keystone Food Drive: April 17-23. See the KOC food drive flyer.